Car Oil Care San Diego
Taking care of your car properly can vastly reduce long term costs, by nipping the problem off at the bud. A key to taking care of your car is knowing more about it – after all, knowledge is power. There are always myths, especially about the life of your engine oil, and it’s hard to tell fact from fiction.
Here’s some common myths about car care:
- Myth: Engine Oil Should be Changed Every 3,000 Miles
- Truth: This is usually not the case – most cars are actually designed to go 7,500 miles between oil changes, especially if you are using synthetic oils. However, this myth is actually true if your vehicle is usually in severe driving conditions – stop and go traffic, frequent trailer-towing and dusty conditions.
- Myth: Motor Oil Needs to Be Changed Due to Wear and Tear
- Truth: Motor oil doesn't really wear out - the same lubricative base is still there, but it does need to be changed due to dilution and collection of byproducts from the elements it serves - fuel leaks in and so does bits of metal. When left in this engine, it can actually act as more like sand, and wear down your engine instead.
- Myth: Synthetic Motor Oils and Regular Motor Oils Should Not Mix
- Truth: Both oils are fully compatible with each other, and can be used in the engine together. Petroleum-synthetic blends are available, and 1/5 of the mixture is synthetic, which can give some of the benefits of synthetic without costing a lot.
There’s a lot of things you may not know about your car – and sometimes it’s best to ask a mechanic about any odd noises or unusual events. At True Line Auto Center, we have knowledgeable mechanics who are more than willing to answer your questions, and keep you in the knowledge.
True Line Auto Center of San Diego is a family owned and operated auto repair shop, and we want you to feel like family. By providing the truth of commonly thought myths, we hope this helps you and your car avoid these mistakes. We'd also like to help you save money on your car - by providing highly competitive pricing, coupons, and discounts - all with top customer service and ASE certified mechanics to serve you.
For more information, visit our services page.